In Depth Analysis: CalculatedRisk Newsletter on Real Estate (Ad Free) Read it here.

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Tanta's Mortgage Pig Wear for Charity

by Calculated Risk on 12/06/2008 11:48:00 AM

Update: Repeating this ... makes a great Holiday gift for the UberNerd in your family! And the proceeds go to fight cancer ...

Tanta's Mortgage Pig

From Cathy (Tanta' sister):
Back in October, after Tanta came home from the hospital and agreed to come to Ohio with me, we had an idea to create Mortgage Pig Wear and donate the proceeds from the sales to the UMMS Greenebaum Cancer Center.

We have friends in Springboro, OH who own a small, local embroidery company called Image Mark-it that is owned and staffed by the type of caring folks who would want to be involved in a project like this. Jumped at the chance, is more like it.

We enlisted her 16 year-old nephew (my son) to handle the shipping and for that he would receive $1.00 per item in his college fund. Tanta would provide the "quality control" or lovingly ride herd on him. She couldn't wait.

Over the past 4 weeks we have "digitized" the pig for the embroidery on sweatshirts and polos and created high quality photo transfers for T-shirts and sweatshirts. Tanta lived long enough to see the samples but not to see the items go into production and be offered for sale. I still can't believe it.

I worried about what to do with this on Saturday so I simply asked Tanta. She wanted us to proceed. My son and my husband both asked her as well - and both got the same answer "Please go ahead with The Mortgage Pig Wear".

In the last day or so as I read the various tributes to her, I saw references to cure vs care. So we've made a small change - we're offering the embroidered pig items with proceeds donated to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (www.ocrf.org) and the photo-transfer items split between UMMS Greenebaum and OSUMC James Cancer Centers.

I hope you enjoy wearing these as much as the folks at Image Mark-it and I have enjoyed creating them. We are planning to work very hard to keep up with demand - and for all of us it's a labor of love.
Tanta's Mortgage Pig


From CR: I believe these are the larger images:
Holiday
Mortgage Pig
Click on the Mortgage Pig™ for a larger image in new window.


Slap it
Mortgage Pig


Convexity
Mortgage Pig