In Depth Analysis: CalculatedRisk Newsletter on Real Estate (Ad Free) Read it here.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saturday Rock Blogging: The Broker

by Tanta on 5/19/2007 02:50:00 PM

Because it's always a good time to pick on brokers . . .

I am just a broker and my story’s seldom told
I have squandered your down payment for a pocketful of mumbles, such are yield spreads
All lies and jest, still the bank hears what it wants to hear
And disregards the rest, hmmmm

When I hocked your home and your cash back deal,
I was no more than a pimp in the company of bankers
In the blowing of the lending bubble, runnin’ nude
Feeding low, seeking out the toxic products, where the naive people go
Looking for the spiff disclosures wouldn’t show.

Lie la lie, lie la lie lie liar loan,
Lie la lie, lie la lie lie lie lie lie lie liar loan...

Asking only five points back end, I come lookin’ for a mark, but I get no offers
Just a warehouse from the whores on 7th Avenue
I’m tellin’ you, there were times when I was so greedy
I took some front fees, too, la la la la la la la

And I’m laying out my guideline changes, wishing I was gone, goin’ home
Where the New York City traders aren’t bleedin’ me, leadin’ me to take your home

In the hearing stands a broker, and a sleazeball by his trade
And he carries the recaptures of every loan that put back or haircut him
Til he cried out in his anger and his shame:
“I am tightening, I am tightening, but the funder still remains,” hmmmmm . . .

Lie la lie, lie la lie lie liar loan,
Lie la lie, lie la lie lie lie lie lie lie liar loan...