In Depth Analysis: CalculatedRisk Newsletter on Real Estate (Ad Free) Read it here.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Update: State Nontraditional Mortgage Guidance

by Calculated Risk on 10/20/2006 12:29:00 AM

UPDATE: I contacted the CSBS Assistant VP Regulatory Affairs this AM. She said:

"we do not have a target release date ... We are expecting to release our final guidance within weeks, however, and not months.".
Ms. Felecia Rotellini, Superintendent of the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions, was the representative of the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) at the September 20, 2006 U.S. Senate hearing: Assessing Non-Traditional Mortgage Products. Ms. Rotellini provided me with this update tonight:
"The guidance is in process and CSBS, along with the American Association of Residential Mortgage Regulators (AARMR) is working on it and we are hoping that we can issue it very soon."
I'm not sure about the definition of "soon", but this reminds me of the comments I tracked while waiting for the Federal Guidance:
June 12th: Bernanke "not-too-far-distant future"

August 18th: "within a few months"

August 29th: "within 60 days"

September 20th: "weeks, not months"

September 29th: Guidance Released.
Ms. Rotellini also provided me with a contact at the AARMR for more information. I'll be following up tomorrow.