In Depth Analysis: CalculatedRisk Newsletter on Real Estate (Ad Free) Read it here.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Correcting Luskin

by Calculated Risk on 5/17/2005 05:08:00 PM

I usually don't read Luskin, but pgl at Angry Bear refers me to these two posts by Don Luskin:

These people are so classy

Democrats misquote each other for fellow Democrats

Here is what actually happened:

1) I wrote a post titled Buffet and FDR on May 4th. I quoted Buffett from his appearance on CNN's Lou Dobbs.

2) On May 6th, Dr. DeLong quoted my blog. However, if you compare my post and Dr. DeLong's, you can see that he missed the delination between Buffett's comments and mine. I left Dr. Delong a comment, but he apparently missed it (see 2nd comment).

3) On May 12, Dr. DeLong blogged his Statement on Social Security Reform. Once again I noted the same error (see comment 4).

Obviously this is just a simple mistake that has been corrected.

But look how Luskin engages in name calling and makes several errors:

1) Luskin attributes the quote to '"musenla" on the De Profundis blog'. Wrong. I am the author.

2) Luskin asserts that "musenla" added the extra text trying to make "it seem that the words were Buffett's, not his own". Not true. The Buffett quote was indented, my comments were not. I did not "intend" to make it appear that those were Buffett's comments. I tried to correct DeLong immediately when I discovered he had misread my post.

Luskin owes me an apology. I will print Luskin's apology when he emails it to me.

3) I am a lifelong Republican and former youth delegate to the RNC. I am getting the feeling that moderate Republicans aren't welcome in the GOP anymore.